While most households have small appliances, big portions of these appliances are not energy-efficient. One of the best ways to save energy and costs associated with your home utility bills is to start using energy-efficient appliances. You can save hundreds of dollars every year and thousands of cubic gallons of water if you change your appliances to EnergyStar products. home appliances indiranagar
EneryStar is government-backed that applies to large appliances such as washing machines, refrigerators and water heaters. Here are tips on how to choose energy-efficient appliances for your home.
1. It is easy to identify an EnergyStar appliance due to its blue sticker displayed prominently on the appliance announcing that it is EnergyStar rated. This means that the appliance has between ten to fifty percent less energy consumption. The EnergyStar rating is available on many appliances including lighting fixtures.
2. Refrain from using ‘energy vampire’ devices that continue to use energy even if they are turned off. Such appliances include TVs, cell phone chargers, appliances with stand-by modes and battery chargers. Make sure to choose those with EnergyStar label.
3. Choose the right coffer maker since most traditional coffee makers that are programmable can be considered as ‘energy vampires’. An option for this appliance is a French press and thermos. Nevertheless, if you like to stick to the traditional coffee make, make it a point to choose one that has an EnergyStar label on it.
4. Choose a blender that is energy-efficient. A lot of people love making frozen drinks particularly during the hot summer months. Choosing energy-efficient blenders can help save on excess costs of energy and electricity consumption.
5. When you prepare less food, use a small appliance instead of using your large oven to cook. Again, when it comes to ovens, you have to choose one that has an EnergyStar rating.
6. Purchase TVs with smaller screen instead of going for the large screen TVs that are very popular nowadays. New technology has lured many people into buying plasma flat-screen TVs. However, the biggest disadvantage of this kind of big screen television is that it uses a large amount of energy and letting you pay an enormous amount on your electricity bill. Choose a small screen TV for higher energy efficiency or else an LCD model TV. An LCD TV uses less energy compared to plasma models.